Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

Review: The City of Ember

The City of Ember The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have no idea why it took me this long to read this book. I am almost embarrassed to say that this is the first time I have picked it up. My only saving grace is that I was an adult by the time that it was published - which is why it missed being read by my much younger self. I would have loved this book when I was in elementary school.

I love this book now.

The world is dying, or rather it is running out of lights, and the key to saving the city was lost buried in a cluttered closet. Now it is up to two children, who do not quite fit into the norm of society, to save the world. Well, they at least need to save themselves.

The concept of the book is a unique twist on a very common theme. Dystopian literature seems to dominate at the moment. The last part of the book answers a lot of questions, but it was still not satisfying. I hope that as I continue on in the series more questions will be answered.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment