Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin

Pride and Prejudice

by Jane Austen


Rating: ***** (5 stars)
Book Length: 228 pages
Genre: Classic, Fiction, Romance

I didn't expect to like Pride and Prejudice. I am not sure why. I have enjoyed other books by Jane Austen. There was just too much hype over Pride and Prejudice. There are too many movies that other females swoon over. I do not make a good fangirl - even for book characters. I started the book with the expectation of grinning and bearing it. 

Obviously, from my rating, that is not what happened. 

Jane Austen is an amazing author who has reached across the gulf of time. This book was originally published in 1813! That is over a hundred years ago. Yet, it is still read. It is still loved. It still remains relevant to readers of our generation. 

The writing style is witty. The characters are engaging. Elizabeth Bennet is the parament of strong female lead character. While I may not be swooning over the movies, I will no longer be shying away from Jane Austen's other works.

No comments:

Post a Comment