Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawkings

A Brief History of Time

by Stephen Hawking


Rating: **** (4 stars)
Book Length: 224 pages
Genre: Non-Fiction, Science, Physics

This book was first published back in 1988. I remember reading it when I was in middle school when most of what I read was physic oriented non-fiction. I was fascinated with time. While this did not really go into time as much as the title would suggest, it was one of my favorite books. 

It has been many years since I have read this book. I have grown both educationally and maturity. In addition, the field of physics has changed since this work was first published. Reading it again, after many years, the work took on a different perspective. There were many ideas that were once unique and fresh that I found to be commonplace. Even talking about Hawking's hope for black holes to be confirmed was more nostalgic than a scientific wonder. I talk with my kids with them regularly - yes really. 

This book deserves to continue to be read. While it was not the first science book to be written for the non-scientist, it is one that made doing such more popular. It is written in such a way to engage and excite even those who do not usually engage in science. 


No comments:

Post a Comment