Search This Blog

Monday, October 23, 2017

Review: Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Clockwork Prince is the second book in the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. Infernal Devices is the prequel to her best selling series The Mortal Instruments. It is also where I decided to start reading in the series.

The second book takes the focus and puts it on, Will. I would say his backstory is a little melodramatic except it left me feeling appropriately sorry and remorseful for him. That and seen through the eyes of a twelve-year-old, it is completely plausible. I just don't get the connection between Terresa and Jem. I mean Jem is a pretty amazing character, but why did anything develop between the two? I don't feel like there really needed to be a love triangle. Although, that does seem to be in the formula for teenage fantasy.

The writing is good, although not amazing. The world is pretty classic steampunk. What really made me like the second book more than the first was the characters. I connected more with them then I did in the first book. They were more dynamic, even in their simplicity. I will pursue the third book soon, there is too much unsettled for me not to.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment