Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2017

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

by J.K. Rowling


Rating: ***** (5 stars)
Book Length: 320 pages
Genre: Children's Chapter, Fantasy

I remember the first time that I happened across the Harry Potter series. It was 1999, I was 19 years old and working full time in a bookstore. When the third book was released we had piles of them delivered to the store. In the interest of 'helping my customers' I read everything that was popular, and many more books that were not.

It did not take me long to catch up to the third book. I was hooked and attended the release of every book after. I single handedly sold hundreds of copies of her books. In reality they sold themselves. What parent does not want to hear about a book that is helping children to read.

This first book is one of the shorter books in the series. It introduces us to Harry Potter, Hogwarts, and a mass of characters which you will come to love and hate. The plot is fairly standard fantasy but the world that Rowling created is truly magical. 

If you have only seen the movies then I urge you to pick up this first book. The reading is not difficult and the journey is well worth it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment