Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

A Wrinkle in Time

by Madeleine L'Engle


Rating: ***** (5 stars)
Book Length: 211 pages
Genre: Children's Chapter, Fantasy

There is no way for me to review this book unbiasedly. If I was to name one book that was my most influential in my childhood it would be A Wrinkle in Time. I must have read this book over 100 times.

The main reason that I love this book is due to Meg. Meg is ordinary surrounded by extraordinary. She has two brothers that excel at the social world and a younger brother that is a genius. Meg does not completely fit into either world. She doesn't even get the gift of being average. She stands out and she doesn't know how to stand out.

Meg goes on a fantastic voyage and ultimately finds out that she is, in fact, extraordinary. She is extraordinary because she is exactly who she is. She didn't have to grow up or change, she only had to recognize who she is. I think this is why I fell in love with this book in my youth.

Reading it as an adult the book is still magical. It still resonates with me. It is still an amazingly well-written story.

I have loved a lot of books in my time, yet A Wrinkle in Time will always have a special place.

No comments:

Post a Comment