Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2016

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

by Eric Carle


Rating: ***** (5 stars)
Book Length: 26 pages
Genre: Picture book

The Very Hungry Caterpillar may just be my favorite picture book of all time. 

There is so many different ways that this book can be used to teach children. It is a beginning counting book. It is an object recognition book. It is great for colors. It is a science book telling about the metamorphosis of a caterpillar. 

The book is also fun. The words are engaging and easy to understand. The pictures are bright and beautiful and not overly distracting. 

When I worked as an ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis) therapist with children with autism I read this book hundreds of time. Not only did the children love it, it was useful to teach them so many things in a fun way. 

My own children (who are also autistic) loved this book as well. My youngest loves caterpillars, I wonder how much of it was the fault of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment