Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2016

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

by Roald Dahl


Rating: ***** (5 stars)
Book Length: 180
Genre: Children's Chapter


Right before the holiday I was talking with a coworker about Charley and the Chocolate Factory. Although she loved the original movie she had never seen the newer version. I highly recommended that she view it. One point of my recommendation was that it was suppose to be closer to the book.

Only I had never read the book. It has been on my list of books to read forever. However, it never worked out to read it. Until now.

Charley and the Chocolate Factory is written for a younger audience. The children are all around the age of nine. 

The book is different from both movies. It is simpler. This is not surprising when you consider the reading level of a nine year old. This is not to say that the book does not give you more than the movie. The best part is that you do not have to picture the characters like they appear on the movie. I also enjoy Willey Wonka in the book. He is not as over the top as Johnny Depp, but his is a bit more eccentric then in the original movie.

I hate to write a book review based upon the movie. However, it is rare that I have actually seen the movie before reading the book. I think this will tend to be the case for most everyone. If you have not read Charley and the Chocolate Factory you should. 

No comments:

Post a Comment